The DTI Home Study (Direct Mail) Program is available for a special price of only $995 plus $30 s&h (non-refundable). You will have a direct line access to an instructor for personal help with your progress. We will also be communicating with you by direct mail with projects and assignments. This is a interactive hands-on program. See below for Course Outline.
What will I receive?
- A 100-page Workbook with Glossary of Decorating Terms
- National Resources of Trade Showrooms
- Interior Design drafting Templates in 1/4" Scale a $42.95 value! (included)
- Interior Design Color Wheel for Color Schemes a $21.95 value! (included)
- Final Exam / C.I.D. Entrance Exam - a $95 value! (included) Study Guide ($95 savings) not required
- Graduation Certificate (DTI)
- Your first year of membership in Certified Interior Decorators International is included, contingent on passing the Final Exam. That's a $310 value ($295 membership, plus the $15 application fee).
All Sales are final. No refunds.
Workbook Program in full $995.00 - Plus $30 s&h *(U.S. Only) Call for shipping rates outside the U.S.
Workbook Payment Option: 3 payments of $348 each. (Includes $50 *s&h U.S. Only)
(You will receive 3 sessions at a time in the first two payments and the final payment will include last 2 sessions with the final exam).
If required, partial payments are available with 3 payments of $348. With each payment you will receive three lessons at a time. This program will take longer due to separate mailings. The final exam will be sent with the final 2 lessons.
As you progress through the course, you will return to this page to purchase your next two lessons
|Certification Course Outline|
|1. Floor Planning and Furniture Placement||• Function of Space
• Floor Planning
• Furniture Placement
|2. Furniture Styles and Trade Showrooms||• History of Furniture and Architectural Styles
• Custom Furniture and Cabinetry
• Furniture Selection
• Furniture Showrooms to the Trade
|3.Choosing Color Schemes||• Color Trends
• The Color Wheel
• Color Terms
• Psychology of Color
• Regional Colors
• Color Distribution
|4.Wall Coverings and Window Treatments||• Wall Coverings and Finishes
• Window Treatments
|5.Lighting, Flooring and Fabric Choices||• Lighting
|6.Plants, Pictures and Accessories|| • Pots and Plants
• Artwork and Prints
• Wall Groupings
• Decorative Accessories
|7.Consulting: Fees and Compensation|| • Consulting Basics
• Compensation Methods
• Business Startup
|8.The Interior Decorator's Role|| • Decorator or Designer: The Difference
• What an Interior Decorator Can Do
• What an Interior Decorator Cannot Do
• Avoiding Liabilities and Legal Problems
• Being a Certified Interior Decorator